I want to thank my fans for making ‘3’ the # 1 song on the Billboard Hot 100. I am truly blessed with the greatest fans in the world. I am so happy y’all love it because I do this all for you. I can’t wait till you see the video! -Britney

Video Of The Week

lördag 9 maj 2009

Britney Spears jumps back onto saddle with latest tour


Britney Spears, princess of pop, graced Columbus with her presence last Thursday at the Schottenstein Center as a part of her "Circus" tour.

Though there were rumors that tickets weren't selling well, the place was packed as far as I could see. I, for one, bought my $55 ticket back in December on the first day that they went on sale. But seeing others who were willing to pay the big bucks for Brit, I asked myself the question: Why is she still so popular?

Britney is the survival story of our generation. We watched her grow from a little Mouseketeer to the sexiest woman alive. And then we watched her fall, and shamefully took pleasure in her pain. But Britney pulled a fast one on us and climbed right back out of that hole and is strutting her stuff and taking everything in stride.

While she will probably never be the hot celeb she was during her "Slave for You" days, Britney has had a pretty successful comeback in the last year. Girl looked good in her lion tamer outfit, and definitely had the crowd on their feet while performing "Womanizer" and her other recent hits.

I give Britney major props for being able to get back on that stage after all of the things that the American media and society have done to her in the last few years. Talk about getting knocked off the horse and jumping back up into the saddle.

What have you had to overcome in your life? If you had your biggest problems and failures broadcast world-wide and everyone called you the biggest mess of the century, would you have the courage to jump back out there? I sure wouldn't.

Britney inspires hope. By no means is she a role model and she is just about the last person I would ever turn to if I needed advice, but let's face it, if Britney can overcome all she's been through, I can get through anything.

And who doesn't need that type of hope right now? So the next time you wake up on Saturday morning regretting hooking up with that grungy frat boy only to realize that there are already pictures on Facebook of the two of you making out in the middle of High Street, just tell yourself, "Hey Britney came back after pictures of her downstairs were broadcast all over the world, I can deal with this!"

Reason number two? She's entertaining. Not only has she got incredible stage presence (aside from that one VMA performance in 2007), but she's entertaining off-screen too. Who else goes can make a simple trip to the gas station as interesting as she can? Granted, the media do blow it up a bit, but they wouldn't do it if you didn't read it!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar